Policy & Research Division
National Department For Culture and Arts
Level 19, Lot 1001, TH Perdana Tower
Jalan Sultan Ismail
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-2614 8217
Email : kosong[at]jkkn.gov.my
DIVISION FUNCTIONS & ROLES
Policy Planning and Coordination Branch
- To plan, coordinate and implement policies and researches related to culture and arts.
- To coordinate and monitor implementation of policies related to arts and culture.
- To coordinate matters related to feedbacks on Policy Paper and Cabinet Paper and providing Parliamentary input/answer for question related to the department which are raised in the Upper House (Dewan Negara) and Lower House (Dewan Rakyat).
- To become the secretariat in providing input and responses for periodical reports and ad hoc reports managed by the Ministry.
- To coordinate data and statistic on JKKN’s headquarters and State JKKN KPI implementation in the form of total activities, location distribution and multi-racial public participation including providing the report on the statistic/analysis of department’s KPI implementation.
- To assist in coordinating international cultural programmes organized by Ministry/department/other Government agencies.
- To coordinate national and international bodies collaboration network.
Research and Development Branch
- To be the centre of research and development excellence related to arts and culture, and focal point for the National Department for Culture and Arts research and analysis programmes.
- To coordinate and carry out arts and culture research analysis.
- To coordinate and implement arts and culture preservation, conservation and development programmes based on traditional arts.
- To plan, implement and strengthen online arts and culture database.
- To carry out efforts to gazette arts and culture as well as local reference experts/figures.
- To create strategic collaboration of institutions/agencies, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), arts and culture reference figures and experts for programmes involving research, conservation and dissemination of national cultural arts information through Cultural Mapping.
- To identify arts and culture products that have potential to be developed.